Old 02-09-2007, 01:44 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Powdery Mildew starting on squash

"Ook" Ook Don't send me any freakin' spam at zootal dot com delete the
Don't send me any freakin' spam wrote in message

The real solution is to start new cucumber plants around the end of July.
I've known this for 25 years. I have never done it.

:-(

You've known it but never done it? You sound like me LOL. I read somewhere
that you should exactly that - plant several sucessive crops so that you
have young vigorous plants when the old ones die off. My cucumbers are
pretty much spent, I wish I would have planted some fresh ones a month
ago. My mutant acorn squash was planted in the beginning of July, and it
is healthy, vigorous, no sign of mildew, and just now starting to produce.
I expect to get a lot of goodies from them until the frost hits.

I always seem to be preoccupied with some other summer thing, or there's no
room in the garden. Pathetic reasons, but it's the truth.