Old 01-09-2007, 11:57 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Bill Stock Bill Stock is offline

Default Pond project update (or lack of)

"Gill Passman" wrote in message
Well, nothing has happened with the excavation since my last time of
writing....not because I haven't been itching to get on with it BUT
because the English summer has been so dire this year that the weather
hasn't been conducive to pond digging. The frustrating bit is that since
early July I've only had 1 to 2 days worth of work left to do on the
pond.....the forecast for this weekend looks OK (dry and not too hot) so
hopefully I will get it to a stage where I can get some water in there.

Now, I'm working on the fact that it is too late in the season to even
contemplate fish but I was wondering about plants......from the fact that
even the smallest puddle in my garden gets adopted by frogs I'm guessing
that once filled with water the pond will attract frogs so I want a decent
environment for them to enable them to overwinter. Can anyone suggest any
plants that I could introduce this late in the season that would survive
the winter?

TIA
Gill

Sounds more ponductive than my summer, although the fish and water came out
today. I also took out the old waterfall and capstones. Tomorrow the old
liner comes out and the shovel goes in. I found four decent sized new fry,
so someone made the most of their time this summer.

Someone at work asked me what I did withy the fish during construction and I
said I put them in a bucket. I got a strange look, but I was having too much
fun by that time to explain it's a 300 gallon bucket. :-) Landlubbers!