Old 02-09-2007, 11:10 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default hedge plant

On 2 Sep, 10:20, "johngood_____" wrote:
Thanks for your response. I should have put a coin in to help identify the
size, since the leaves are very much smaller than most laurels I have ever
seen. The leaves are quite small with the biggest only being 30mm long and
12mm wide and most being a lot smaller than that. The hedge was about four
and half feet tall. I initially made me think it was some kind of
cotoneaster. Grateful for any further advice.

Looks like you've got a yew cutting at the front ... you've got almost
a hedge there!! Did you see any berries or flowers on the hedge when
you took your cuttings? I'd say between buxus or lonicera and
definetely not laurel. Not sure until you tell us if you've seen
berries/flowers and what colour. It's usually easier to identify
things with this info.