Old 02-09-2007, 01:20 PM posted to misc.rural,uk.business.agriculture,uk.environment.conservation,uk.rec.birdwatching,uk.rec.gardening
John Gilmer[_2_] John Gilmer[_2_] is offline

Default Deer shooting pair fined by court in Aberdeenshire - Lloyd Fowlie, 19, was fined £750 and Steven Wilson, 23, was fined £500

But since the matter has come up, I do think it'd be a good idea
to cull all deer in any area in which man resides. We're the
dominant species, and so it's a given that our needs take prec-
edence over those of mere animals.

I would not go THAT far but in many areas there are WAY too many deer.

Except in hunting season (it's amazing that "dumb animals" somehow know when
it's best to keep out of sight) deer have little fear of man, his property,
or his automobiles.

Grazing critters will destroy their environment unless some preditors
control their numbers.

Frankly, I would rather extend the hunting season than bring in critters
like wolves or mountain lions.