Old 03-09-2007, 04:18 AM posted to aus.gardens
HC HC is offline

Default Vegemite?

Many years ago I was told by a lady who taught horticulture at the local
TAFE that Vegemite was great on cuttings. From memory she mentioned the
yeast was what made it work!! Never tried it myself as I don't have
Vegemite in the house, can't stand the smell of the stuff!! LOL

Bronwyn ;-)

Spiny Norman wrote:
I was advised yesterday the smearing vegemite on the stem of a cutting
is as good as plant rooting powder for striking cuttings.

Anybody heard of this?

Regards
Prickles

Timendi causa est nescire
This message only uses recycled electrons