Old 03-09-2007, 09:09 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
BAC BAC is offline

Default :-((Off we go again :-((

"Space" wrote in message

snip

yes- it would be nice to be treated with respect and not to be slagged
off. but don't provide any ammunition. and by that I mean if you don't
respond/retaliate the poster has nowhere to go.

Now, all that I have said is a reflection of how we should conduct
ourselves. Consider how this situation would be dealt with if it was
someone who frequented your local social club/pub etc. for me, I would
fume about the situation to my friends, not hire a microphone and announce
it to all and sundry.

I don't consider that my reflection warrants a response. to do so would
just drag out this horrid thread. Although it would seem that I am
carrying on this thread. I hope not. My intention is to stop this thread
and more importantly to stop similar threads in the future. it is boring
!!!

Sound advice, IMO, but I fear it is unlikely to be heeded. When an
antagonistic poster learns how best to needle and manipulate a combative
opponent, that opponent finds it very difficult to ignore the 'barbs' and
sometimes even comes to think it is a sign of weakness to do so.