Old 03-09-2007, 03:06 PM posted to austin.gardening
Michele Cook Michele Cook is offline

Default Lilac

I planted a lilac bush that is supposed to bloom in the South. It did well
through the winter and early spring but with all the rain in Texas this
spring its leaves turned brown and stopped growing. The plant is still alive
and when I did a search online I found several references to too much water
making the leaves turn brown. Should I prune it back, or try to replant it
with more compost to improve drainage? It is in a prepared bed where I dug
out the clay 6 inches deep and built up the bed. Any advice would be much
appreciated.

Michele
Dallas

remove _ from email to reply