Old 03-09-2007, 11:56 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Green tomato chutney with possibly blighted tomatoes?

"C Coward" wrote in message
My first ever tomato plants have succumbed to blight. I'm recuing the
green ones to try and ripen, and of course keeping an eye on them to see
if they go brown due to the infection. However, I was intending to make
some green tomato chutney with some of them. Is this a bad idea if I don't
know whether the toms themselves have got the blight bug in them?

It wouldn't bother me, the cooking process would kill anything in them and
if you only use the green parts the flavour won't be affected.

I have no experience of using brown bits :-)

Mary