Old 03-09-2007, 02:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Cat(h) Cat(h) is offline

Default :-((Off we go again :-((

On Sep 3, 2:07 pm, Sacha wrote:
On 3/9/07 13:57, in article
. com, wrote:

snip You should have greater faith in other readers' ability to recognise
what's what.
I agree with Space - the best way to deal with usenet attention whores
is to give them none. Wading in at their level actually reflects
badly on you.

Cat(h)

Unfortunately, I don't have the sort of character that enjoys being abused
and harassed by people whose behaviour other people are unaware of. Because
they get away with it, being in so many kill files, they just get worse or
imagine others agree with them. If I had NOT replied to Puce, few people
would have known how she was behaving.

I do not condone harassment, and I can well understand how deeply
upsetting it can be.
However, it takes surprisingly little time for any newcomer - I was
one not so long ago - to work out who's worth reading, and who are the
group's nuts (there are a few in every group). Lack of expertise in
gardening does not imply lack of ability to read both the lines and
between the lines of posts. No one is very likely to take seriously
the advice given by someone puerile enough to find their self-declared
slimmer waisteline and younger years are signs of objective
superiority.
On the other hand, a newby coming across a mud wrestling match might
find it more difficult to decide who is in the greatest wrong - and
just kill file all participants.
That's just my own experience. Make of it what you will - I know you
will :-)

Just forgive me if I stay out of any threads involving certain
combinations of people ;-)

Cat(h)

I *never* reply to Crowe.

--