Old 03-09-2007, 05:31 PM posted to triangle.gardens
ncstockguy ncstockguy is offline

Default Battery powered sprayer

That's an interesting idea. Do you know if the sprayer attachment by
chance fits on gallon milk jugs? Got several of those.
Thanks

On Aug 14, 12:53 pm, wrote:
I found one for 8 bucks at Ace Hardware. It uses 4 AA batteries. It
looks like a regular pistol type spray handle, like you find in these
ready to spray producgts. The cap fits standard gallong jugs. The jug
windshield wiper solvent comes in words for me. I have one jug for
roundup, one for 2,4 D and one for liquid sevin. Now instead of mixing
a gallon at a time I can mix a quart. Cleanup is easy. remove it from
the jug plunk the weighted end into fresh water and flush it out. It
even came with 4 batteries and I have sprayed about a gallon and they
are still going, I plan to use some NiMh AA's that I have.

It would not be practical for more than a gallon of so at a time. The
sprayer does not have a wand so you have to bend over to apply it
withtout getting any drift. I have used it with sevin and 2,4 D so far.
With roundup I generally use more so I still use a 2 gallon sprayer for
it.

If you are swapping from jug to jug remember to hang onto the original
cap for the jug. With 2,4D I can mix a gallon and have it last for a
month. With Sevin I mix what I want, and I only have 12 hills of beans,
6 tomatoes, 4 pepper and some squash so about a third of a gallon was
good. I did have to find a teaspoon since an ounce was way too much
sevin. I used about one teaspoon in a third of a gallon.

is a garbage address.