Old 03-09-2007, 03:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] helene@urbed.coop is offline

Default hedge plant

On 3 Sep, 12:18, Des Higgins wrote:
I go with that (Hebe leaves have a funny characteristic boat shape
shape/fold).

It's easy to just say 'hebe' - there's so many of them. Just like
saying 'laurel'. The hebe fransciscana for example has leaves
resembling no other hebes, at least the more common ones with the
little boat shaped glossy leaves as you say, nor does the hebe white
lace, which is long and narrow and flat. And what about the
andersonii?

I still think it's either a privet or buxus - I thought of a lonicera
too - can't think which one thought.