Old 03-04-2003, 12:08 AM
Bob Alston

Default fertilizers

If you want to do that, why not try the Tomm Barr approach. See this link:

http://www.aquatic-plants.org/fert/e...st_index1.html

You can get Potassium from "No salt".

Phosphorus from Fleet enima (really!). Carefull - it is very potent. A few
drops in an aquarium is all that is needed!!

Nitrogen from Potassium Nitrate - stump remover.

Magnesium - Drug store epsom salts.

Traces - use flourish or buy from various trace element suppliers such as
http://www.hydroponics.com/info/aquatics/pmdd.htm
You can also buy the other chemicals from them also.

A lot of info in the web on doing this.

--
Bob Alston

"LeighMo" wrote in message
has anyone calculated the amount of flourish fertilizers their tanks

require
and then mixed large quantities of various flourish types together (like
flourish potassium + flourish trace + flourish) in the proper

proportions.

Yes. I e-mailed Seachem and asked them if it would be okay to do that,

and
they said to go ahead. So I do. :-)

Also I ordered a bottle of flourish iron but it says I already get iron

from
normal flourish so I doubt I will be adding this.

I use it. IME, Flourish alone doesn't provide enough iron.

Leigh