Old 03-09-2007, 08:20 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Gill Passman Gill Passman is offline

Default How long to let liner sit before cutting Bottom Drain?

Reel McKoi wrote:

==============================
Clay soil is the pits. Rock hard when dry and like mustard when wet.
After about 8 years we had to drain both ponds and make cement berms.
The clay sank over the years, some washed away, the sides, sloped, still
started to collapse.... the rocks were falling in, runoff was entering
one pond. I would make the cement berm before adding the liner rather
than have to go back years later when the problems start.

Interesting.....my soil is also clay and although some of the sides of
the construction have held up well with the variations in weather some
bits will need more stability (this is the bit I've got left to do). We
were going to go with building/using wooden (untreated) planters which
will then be filled with bog irises (the liner will go up the outside)
and eventually use the same to create a veggie filter that will sit on
the deck.

Gill