Old 04-09-2007, 01:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren Nick Maclaren is offline

Default Erythrina cristagalli

In article ,
Sacha writes:

| Is anyone growing this outdoors and leaving it out over the winter/ If so,
| could I ask in what location?

Yes. In the warmest sun-trap I have, next to the conservatory. Its
growth couldn't take even last winter, but regrew quite happily from
ground level. Unfortunately, I haven't yet got it to do so vigorously
enough for it to flower - I don't think that it likes our lukewarm
springs.

I am, of course, attempting to grow it only in its herbaceous mode;
its shrubby mode is quite out of the question with me.

I had some plants in pots, in cause it was the combination of cold
and wet that they dislike, but they effectively died. It works for
some plants, though.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.