Old 04-09-2007, 03:15 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Compost bin design?

"Sheldon" wrote in message
ups.com...

I bought this one about 10 years ago, it works very well and it's
still going strong (it's the only one I have seen that has a 25 year
warranty - I suspect it will last even longer and/or outlast me).

http://tinyurl.com/2l4fkg

http://www.composters.com/compost-bi...saver_17_1.php

My neighbor bought this one this past spring, he's very unhappy with
it... he will soon be even more unhappy as this will be its first
winter here in fridgid upstate NY. He purchased the large "400"
model... I often see him cranking away for like ten minutes at a time,
at least it will build big biceps. I don't ever do anything with mine
except toss stuff into the top and pull out sweet smelling jet black
humous from the bottom, I don't even bother to stir anymore, the one I
have really cooks.

http://tinyurl.com/2p7dvx

http://www.composters.com/compost-tu...eries_33_2.php

I'll second both comments. I've been using the Soilmaker forever. Works like
a charm. And, I know 3 people who are disgusted with the tumbler type of
composter. All 3 are the type who fall for anything novel, whether it works
or not, so I have no sympathy for them at all.