Old 04-09-2007, 08:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nowhere Nowhere is offline

Default Ground Preparation

Hi

Being a real novice at gardening I have some basic questions

1. I have recently cleared an area of ground that was covered in
nettles, weeds etc and want to prepare it ready for laying some turf
and planting some shrubs I want to prepare the area and am concerned
about the nettle roots etc underground and how to deal with them I
would like rotovate and add some extra topsoil / sand etc Is this OK or
will this make weed regrowth worse Any alternatives I should try?

2. I have some overgrown shrubs but not sure what they are I want to
cut them back quite a bit but not sure if I should or not Anybody know
of sites that might help me identify them and what to do etc

Many thanks in advance

Mike