Old 04-09-2007, 11:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default OT Help needed please

On 4/9/07 22:44, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Tue, 04 Sep 2007 18:52:39 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

On 4/9/07 15:38, in article
,
"Martin" wrote:

On Tue, 04 Sep 2007 05:21:18 -0700,
wrote:

On 30 Aug, 10:21, Sacha wrote:
Wanadoo is French isn't it? We have Wanadoo but I won't be coming to
see you on Monday I'm afraid. The English is not good but that could
just be sloppy, I get like that sometimes. Spelling mistakes "verry"
and "to" which should be too. Also "familly" which is also
incorrect. Hmmnn.

Judith

I certainly wondered about those mistakes myself. But while Wanadoo is
French, they own Orange in UK and my account is with Orange, so I don't
think that's significant in itself. I have my own theory about the area
this came from but I'm wondering if anyone else comes up with an answer,
too.

So any news? Who has written this email?

La belle Helen, who according to the UTC offset on her clock posts from
Arizona.

Do I win a prize?

Incidentally Orange and Wanadoo were recently sold to a German company.

Next case.
Hercule Poirrot.

Sorry but I'm puzzled. You mean you think a poster here sent that email to
me about visiting here?

I was guessing.

Email me if you prefer. What is a UTC offset?

In your case it is +0100 it's the difference between your local time and GMT.

"On Tue, 04 Sep 2007 18:52:39 +0100, Sacha "

In helene's case it is shown as -0700 or 7 hours behind GMT
"On Tue, 04 Sep 2007 05:21:18 -0700,
wrote:"

GMT is also known as UTC.

I know peoples' computers can sometimes be set a few minutes out here and
there. How can they be set 7 hours 'out'?
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk