Old 04-09-2007, 10:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Erythrina cristagalli

On 4/9/07 20:39, in article
, "Dave Poole"
wrote:

snip

Sacha, I would avoid planting under trees, even if there is a fair
degree of light and a very high canopy. You are more likely to get
straggling stems that don't die back nor many flowers. The borders
against the house walls are far more suitable. The reflected heat
from the walls will encourage strong, fast growth culminating in large
clusters of flower.

All this is extremely helpful, David, thank you. We actually managed to sit
outside with a drink this evening and looking at the border below the
kitchen and office windows, decided we'd try it there, so your post is
timely. The tea room border might well be too shady where there's any
space.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk