Old 05-09-2007, 08:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Erythrina cristagalli

On 4/9/07 23:59, in article
, "Dave Poole"
wrote:

On Sep 4, 4:38 pm, echinosum
wrote:

Suggest you read this discussion on another forum, if that is not
rude:
http://tinyurl.com/2zbeyx

Ah - yes .... There was a very tall plant of Erythrina at the nursery,
in shade between the greenhouses and the garden. Ray pointed it out
to me quite a few years ago and from what I remember it never flowered
and just carried on getting gradually taller. I haven't seen it
recently and until that discussion on UK Oasis, I had forgotten all
about it.

The one Ray and I were discussing last night is in a pot in the big double,
in flower and with lots of buds to come. He's hoping to get quite a lot of
seeds off it. The flower is really fascinating with a sort of 'hose in
hose' effect, which is the best way I can think of describing it, though not
very satisfactory! And the Petrea volubilis is having a small but vivid
surge of re-flowering. That's the most wonderful shade of blue. There's
another Petrea I have fallen in love with and want to get from Guy.
http://www.plantsman.com/images/cons...arePlantGa.jpg

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk