Old 05-09-2007, 11:52 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Uncle Marvo Uncle Marvo is offline

Default OT Help needed please

"BAC" wrote in message

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 5/9/07 08:58, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

snip

I've only used Google groups in the past when something has gone awol
with
my news reader or something of that sort. It is - or was - a very
cumbersome way to post and read, IMO. And of course, it's wide open to
sock
puppet use.

But it is (or was) possible, I believe, to set up a moderated Google Group
with posting restricted to 'approved' personnel only. This was adopted, in
a case I am familiar with, by refugees from a newsgroup, who were no
longer prepared to tolerate some vicious 'infighting' between factions on
the newsgroup, the idea being members could discuss matters between
themselves without the unpleasantness which had set in.

I have one of those. I call it an "email".

I wonder if it will catch on?