Old 05-09-2007, 12:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
BAC BAC is offline

Default OT Help needed please

"Uncle Marvo" wrote in message

"BAC" wrote in message

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 5/9/07 08:58, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

snip

I've only used Google groups in the past when something has gone awol
with
my news reader or something of that sort. It is - or was - a very
cumbersome way to post and read, IMO. And of course, it's wide open to
sock
puppet use.

But it is (or was) possible, I believe, to set up a moderated Google
Group with posting restricted to 'approved' personnel only. This was
adopted, in a case I am familiar with, by refugees from a newsgroup, who
were no longer prepared to tolerate some vicious 'infighting' between
factions on the newsgroup, the idea being members could discuss matters
between themselves without the unpleasantness which had set in.

I have one of those. I call it an "email".

I wonder if it will catch on?

Hopefully not, I get enough junk in mailwasher and in my webmail inbox as it
is.