Old 03-04-2003, 01:32 AM
Shiva

Default English Roses for MD

On Mon, 31 Mar 2003 13:27:16 -0500, Henry
wrote:

Golden Celebration sounds like a good choice. GT was given to me and I
wasn't about to turn it down. The yellow of GT is probably purer than
GC, which seem a little darker and with a hint of apricot, based on
pictures I've seen.

Sounds perfect for my taste. I may love yellow blends best of all. One
Austin I can recommend to you with no qualms at all is Jude the
Obscure. Great rose! Very cupped blooms, so you have to like that
form. But wonderful fragrance--citrusy. Apricot in color.

[...]
I've decided there
are enough with good fragrance that I'm unlikely to buy roses any more
without it.

Right with you. I understand that many don't care about fragrance, but
I do and its my garden.--my back getting broken digging the holes and
shoveling the dirt and weeding!

One other recommendation, with the warning that the blooms do shatter
fast--Scentimental. Fragrant and each bloom is different.
Burgundy/wine and white, stripes. Love this rose! It has a floppy old
rose form, too. Henry, I hope you will post some photos of your
gardens and roses!