Old 05-09-2007, 05:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike' 'Mike' is offline

Default OT Help needed please

"Martin" wrote in message
On Wed, 05 Sep 2007 16:12:19 +0100, Sacha

wrote:

On 5/9/07 15:42, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

snip

You can have several moderators who can take it in turns to have
nervous
breakdowns/vacations/screaming fits.

At it's simplest the moderators just restrict who has access to the
group.

It works for some groups but seems to lead to rather stilted
'conversation',
IMO.

The two I use are quite animated. One has in excess of 600 subscribers.

Good grief - poor moderator/s!

They don't do anything except control membership.
--

Martin

The thing is that with a membership without those causing trouble and
stirring things up in an aggressive manner, there is very little to do. It
would be a good idea, and I have mentioned it before, for this newsgroup to
be moderated and I am quite certain that certain antagonistic members would
soon be banned or told to control their contributions.

Mike

www.rneba.org.uk to find your ex-Greenie mess mates
www.iowtours.com for all ex-Service Reunions. More being added daily