Old 05-09-2007, 07:14 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Kurt[_2_] Kurt[_2_] is offline

Default Turtles and ponds

In article ,
San Diego Joe wrote:

"Galen Hekhuis" wrote:

Do water turtles crawl away, and do you have to keep them in cages or
are water turtles more like fish, in that they pretty much stay in the
pond?

Our turtle walks around a lot. We have a fenced yard that he cannot escape
from. He always returns to the pond after a walkabout.

I don't know much about turtles, but I did find in my brief
skimming that some turtles need to eat vegetables, and in the wild
they often consume duckweed.

Red-eared sliders are typically carnivorous as youth and eat more greens as
they age.

Just like us. :-)