Old 06-09-2007, 12:10 AM posted to rec.gardens
John McGaw John McGaw is offline

Default Tamerask Tree (sp?)

Shane wrote:
I'm not sure if I'm spelling it right, but does anyone know where I
get get some seeds for this type of junk tree?

Shane

Tamarack? Tamarind? I have no idea where to get seeds for either one
although an ethnic food store may well have fresh tamarind fruits on the
shelf for part of the year anyway and where there are fruits there are
often viable seeds. I'd think that the climatic requirements might be
rather difficult to accommodate for tamarinds away from the equatorial
regions. Tamarack is a pretty rugged NA tree which seems as though it
can grow anywhere -- is that what you mean by "junk tree"?

--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]