Old 06-09-2007, 06:14 PM posted to rec.gardens
Shane Shane is offline

Default Tamerask Tree (sp?)

On Sep 5, 6:04 pm, Ann wrote:
Shane expounded:

I'm not sure if I'm spelling it right, but does anyone know where I
get get some seeds for this type of junk tree?

Shane

I believe you mean the Tamarisk tree. See herehttp://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1E1-tamarisk.html

And it is also known as the Tree of Lifehttp://www.utopiasprings.com/tams.htm

Seems it is a noxious weed tree in the western UShttp://forestry.about.com/b/a/191033.htm. I don't think you're going
to make any friends if you do find a source, from what I've read about
this tree.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts

Wow, Thanks! You found the tree that I have been trying to track down
for some time now. I actually have one growing in my backyard and we
cut it down really low every year and it grows right back again. I
actually want to use to to hide a cement wall on our hill side in the
backyard. Unfortunately I have never seen that tree spread and I have
tried to grow it in other places, but had no luck.

Shane