Old 06-09-2007, 07:12 PM posted to rec.gardens
Ann Ann is offline

Default Tamerask Tree (sp?)

Shane expounded:

Wow, Thanks! You found the tree that I have been trying to track down
for some time now. I actually have one growing in my backyard and we
cut it down really low every year and it grows right back again. I
actually want to use to to hide a cement wall on our hill side in the
backyard. Unfortunately I have never seen that tree spread and I have
tried to grow it in other places, but had no luck.

It's funny how some trees that are a problem in some areas of the
country just aren't a pest where you (or I) are/am (how's that for a
tortured sentence? G)

I hear all the time what a horrid tree the pawlonia is, or the mimosa,
catalpa, etc. Around here they just aren't a problem. Nor is vinca,
the groundcover. English ivy, on the other hand (!!)
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts