Old 06-09-2007, 04:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] helene@urbed.coop is offline

Default Mosquitos

On 6 Sep, 15:57, "TheScullster" wrote:
Is it me or.........
For the past month, we seem to have been plagued by mossies.
Plagued is far too strong a word of course, but the night time ritual now
includes vacuuming upto a dozen of the things from around the bedroom (they
do infiltrate other rooms as well obviously).
Is there a known increase in numbers this year? Possibly due to wet weather
earlier in the year?

Hullo - how very strange you mention this - because sitting at my
computer last night I've perhaps swated half a dozen, and I wondered
too if either 'there was a time' for them - I can't recall having that
many especially now. Usually it's early summer and abroad! I have an
ecological calendar (a present) and I've just checked it on the net (I
don't have it here) to see if it was from the UK or USA because it
mentioned 'mossies time' was upon us indeed.

Though any findings I have are all from the States and not England.
I'm therefore like you wondering if it's because we've had lots of
rain. I'm from Manchester.