Old 06-09-2007, 05:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Rance David Rance is offline

Default Woodland

On Thu, 6 Sep 2007 G Wolmershäuser wrote:
Hello,
I'm sorry for intruding but I don't know where else I could possibly
ask the following question. I'm sure once having read the following
sentence (not necessarily literally): "No matter how small your garden
is reserve at least 1 acre for woodland". Does anybody know who said
(wrote) that. May I ask you to point to a corresponding reference?
Hope I didn't bother you too much.
Thanks in advance
Gotthelf

Lord Rothschild once said, "No matter how small your garden is, you
should aim to have a minimum of a quarter of an acre of natural woodland
in it." On another occasion he wrote, ".No matter how small your garden,
always leave a few acres down to wild woodland."

David

--
David Rance http://www.mesnil.demon.co.uk
Fido Address: 2:252/110 writing from Caversham, Reading, UK