Old 06-09-2007, 06:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
tina tina is offline

Default Pumpkin. Turning brown & dropping off

On Wed, 5 Sep 2007 22:49:55 +0100, "Bob Hobden"
wrote:

Sounds like the female flowers, the ones with the embryonic fruit behind
them, are not being pollinated. Next time a female flower opens hand
pollinate it with a male flower by transferring the pollen from the male to
the end of the stigma (central sticky out bits in both cases) of the female.
Could be the cold weather is putting off the pollinating insects.

Thanks Bob, I'll try that although there are loads of bees & wasps
flying around my raised beds. I'll give it a go though.

Thanks