Old 06-09-2007, 08:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Mosquitos

"TheScullster" wrote in message
Hi all

Is it me or.........

For the past month, we seem to have been plagued by mossies.
Plagued is far too strong a word of course, but the night time ritual now
includes vacuuming upto a dozen of the things from around the bedroom
(they do infiltrate other rooms as well obviously).

Is there a known increase in numbers this year? Possibly due to wet
weather earlier in the year?

TIA

Phil

Funny you should say that, only this morning I was thinking that we haven't
had ANY mosquitoes this year. Usually I see the larvae under the surface of
the open dolly tub which acts as a butt at one side of the greenhouse but
there's been no sign in 2007.

Before anyone tells me, I put a few drops of oil on the surface of the water
when I see the larvae.

Mary
Leeds, Yorkshire