Old 06-09-2007, 05:55 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
joevan[_2_] joevan[_2_] is offline

Default Hey, Rob! The photo attachements didn't work

On Thu, 06 Sep 2007 11:51:04 -0400, Ann wrote:

Wolf Kirchmeir expounded:

Sorry, searching posts isn't what I'm interested in, actually.

The newsreader shows all the newsgroups in in its list - thousands of
them. When setting up the reader, I want to see only the ones about
gardens, for example. That's the "subset" of the newsgroup list.

In T'Bird, I enter 'garden' in the search field above the newsgroups
list, and only the newsgroups with 'garden' in their names will show.

So, how's that done with Agent or Free Agent?

That's under Tools/Newsgroup Directory. There's a field where you
type in the word 'garden' and every newsgroup with that in the name
will come up.

I dislike Thunderbird for news because I am so used to the Agent
interface - I like to 'keep' messages right in the group, not have to
copy them into another folder, so everything stays in one place. I
have retention set for 30 days, everything older gets purged except
for the ones I lock as kept. For mail, I use T-bird.

Ann is correct. It makes a quick and effective search.