Old 06-09-2007, 09:54 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
chatnoir chatnoir is offline

Default Turtles and ponds

On Sep 4, 5:31 pm, Galen Hekhuis wrote:
Do water turtles crawl away, and do you have to keep them in cages or
are water turtles more like fish, in that they pretty much stay in the
pond? I don't know much about turtles, but I did find in my brief
skimming that some turtles need to eat vegetables, and in the wild
they often consume duckweed. (Maybe the alligator ate the turtles
that were eating the duckweed in back.)
--
Galen Hekhuis
I don't recall...

Well, the Goldfish really eat the Duckweed! Not sure of the turtle!
I supose Raccoons and birds could pick them off too!