Old 03-04-2003, 02:32 AM
zookeeper

Default A rec.pond Statistical Database?

I think this is a great idea, but maybe to keep it private to people w/
ponds or interested in ponds it should be a membership group, a site
that requires a password, or we could all have code names (*what an
original idea!!, she said sarcastically*). Yahoo Groups has some pretty
good setups for such a group; you could have an ongoing database there,
and you could also post picture albums and files to share, like about
potassium permanganate instructions, salt levels, etc., create a chat
area, post regional pond news (koi and pond clubs, conventions). With a
database set up there, each member can make changes to there information
as they make changes to and in their ponds; could probably include areas
for 1st pond, 2nd pond, 1st enlargement of 1st pond, etc.

I've belonged to some extremely private groups at Yahoo for years, and
have never had problems with spam or privacy issues. It would require a
site "owner" and some "moderators" (assistants), though. Just a thought.
--
Kathy B, zookeeper (OR)
3500gal pond

BenignVanilla wrote:
In my experience over the past 9 months or so that I have hung out here, it
seems to me many of the questions asked get answers that begin with, "Well
it depends..." I got to thinking, the "Well it depends..." factor may be
manageable if we had an accurate dataset to compare.

I am willing/able to put together a database that we can use to compare
techniques, designs, water factors, etc. I'd be happy to manage it, share
it, maintain it, etc. ...