Old 06-09-2007, 11:24 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
joevan[_2_] joevan[_2_] is offline

Default Hey, Rob! The photo attachements didn't work

On Thu, 06 Sep 2007 19:46:56 GMT, SHIVER ME TIMBERS
wrote:

In T'Bird, I enter 'garden' in the search field above the newsgroups
list, and only the newsgroups with 'garden' in their names will show.

Now let me get this straight.

You open the program and see a list of all the tens of thousands of
newsgroups.

You type gardens into the search engine and only see the one or two
groups about gardening.

You click on your favourite gardening group and voila you are here and
ready to start reading the news.

If that's the case..... I don't know what to say.

On my Macintosh.... with my arcaic newsreader.... I can tell it to show
the full group list and search for a particular group just like you.

BUT.... I then tell the program to set up a brand new untitled group
window and I then drag the title of the group I'm interested in to the
new group window and save that window as whatever I wish to call it.

Gardens for example.

If I open up my new gardens group window it opens up and there it is
containing only the garden groups I put in there.

Your doing something radically wrong if your starting your newsgroup day
off with the full newsgroup list that on my system is about ninety
thousand long.

Just go to tools and open newsgroup directory. There is a window down
a bit where you type in the word you want. Fer instance body. If that
word is in a group carried by your server it will offer up all groups
with that word in it.