Old 03-04-2003, 02:44 AM
Anna Merchant

Default Cats again

I use this method, but have them at least 20cm out of the ground, and run
string in a tangle between all of them. Keeps both birds and cats off
seedlings etc.... Well, it worked for me. I saw the idea on an aussie garden
show, where the guy was protecting his strawberries, and the birds would get
their feet sort of tangled in the string, and wouldnt come back, and I used
it in my garden, and it kept the cats off cos they cant find a big enough
place to squat.

Then my cats might just be nice, they always seem to dig their holes 10-20cm
away from where the plants are. Unless they just dont like the spring onion
smell to get on their coat.

--
Anna Merchant

http://www.thecotfactory.co.nz
If electricity comes from electrons, does that mean that morality comes from
morons?
"Thalocean2" wrote in message
Randomly buried bamboo skewers with about 1/2in above ground. (don't step

on
them)

Laura B.

What can I do to put a
stop to this? No, I can't shoot them. Poison is out, I have a dog, and
young children around.

Thanks, Al