Old 07-09-2007, 04:27 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Not a great year

chop and saute leeks, par boil broccoli tops, whiz in a blender with a
cooked and peeled potato, cream and white wine. white pepper, season
to taste.

On Thu, 06 Sep 2007 13:48:19 -0700, Persephone wrote:
The leeks also did pretty well, and there again I have to figure
out how to prepare them (other than my half-assed version of
vichyssoise) before they go to seed in this TERRIBLE heat
wave that lasted over a *month*! Unheard of in this area!
(So Callif Coastal).