Old 07-09-2007, 11:35 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default OT speaking of mozzies

On 7/9/07 11:19, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 11:11:17 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

Is there a consensus of opinion on the best anti-mozzie spray? I'd love to
have some surefire ideas before we head off to Turkey. ;-)

We used a DEET based insect repellant last year in Turkey.
It worked very well, in two weeks neither of us were bitten by anything.
We've used the same one in French Guiana and Australia. We weren't bitten
there
either.
It needs to be at least 50% content to work.

Thanks, Martin. I remember buying something called 'OFF' in Fethiye years
ago but can't remember its ingredients. I'll do some research based on the
DEET info. I've never stayed in a hotel in Turkey, having only sailed there
3 or 4 times and at sea you don't get the problem so much. Mind you, in
harbour..........! I can still smell those Tiger coils! ;-(
We're going to be near the Dalyan estuary and have been warned that mozzies
can be a problem there, especially in the evening and they really feast on
me, so I'd rather be prepared in advance.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk