Old 03-04-2003, 03:08 AM
John Hines

Default A rec.pond Statistical Database?

"BenignVanilla" m
wrote:

"John Hines" wrote in message
.. .
snip
Those 2 yr old koi for example? 2.00000001 and counting. And what
happens when people lose interest and stop sending you updates?

snip

This is probably the key failure point, and as it seems only a person or two
is interested, I'll bail on the idea. I just thought it would be cool to be
have a searchable site of porgs and their ponds. *shrug*

Take a look at www.chicagofishing.org at their chart of lakes.

A chart of pond sites, with a link to their pages, and chart of what
each offers. Koi, plants, pics, plans, etc. You could arrange by zone
maybe.

You could touch something, to flag a "updated" flag if/when they send
you notice of an update, for a period of time.