Old 07-09-2007, 12:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Uncle Marvo Uncle Marvo is offline

Default What Flower is this?

, I, Marvo, say :

On 7/9/07 12:39, in article
, "FarmI"
ask@itshall be given wrote:

"blacklight" wrote in message
Hi People, can someone please tell me the name of this flower? I
have uploaded it on my site www.rent-a-cloud.com under 'Greencards'
It's at the beginning, yellow and named 'Wildflower' Visitors to my
site ask me for identification. I would be grateful for your help.
I found this flower on bushes north of Sydney, Australia. I do not
know if it is an Australian native.

My best guess is that it is Daviesia ulicifolia but given that there
are hundreds of native Australian pea like flowers in the families
of bossiaea, chorizma, daciesia, hovea and labichea, that's pretty
much a guess.

I think you've got it.

I don't. It's almost certainly a pea flower but the ulicifolia hasn't got
the right stem/leaf structure.

I've sent it to my Aussie mate who will probably have one :-)