Old 07-09-2007, 05:26 PM posted to rec.gardens
Dave Dave is offline

Default Help with Lemon Tree (grown from seed)

"Ivica Kolar" wrote in message

"Ed" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello,

I live in northeastern Pennsylvania. Two years ago, I took a lemon
seed (from a store-bought lemon), stuck it in a pot with regular
potting soil, and now I have a 3-foot tall, skinny lemon tree with
nice, fragrant leaves and some thorns. My problem is: I don't know
how to take care of it from here.

Should it be cut back? How tall will this thing grow? During the
spring and summer, I leave it in an east-facing window all day, and
turn it once a day. It has never been outdoors. It grows rapidly in
the summer, and stops growing during the fall/winter. What is the best
way to take care of my "baby"? This tree has become my pride and joy,
since I never expected it to germinate, let alone grow into a tree!

Here is a photo: http://home.epix.net/~tommonger/LemonTree.jpg

Thanks!
-Tom in Scranton, PA USA

Ed,
You will find many information and kind people ready to answer your
questions he
http://citrus.forumup.org/index.php?mforum=citrus
--ivica

The weblink is a masked weblink form of advertising. The link is
misleading. To easily get rid of it use ctrl-alt-del key combination. Find
iexplorer and stop the process. Clean your web cache and cookies when done.
Dave