Old 07-09-2007, 03:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default What Flower is this?

"Dave Poole" wrote after...
Bob Hobden wrote:

Eutaxia obovata

Good one Bob ... and the flowers look absolutely right. However,
Eutaxia has sharp, but obovate leaves (hence the specific name) and
the one in the pic clearly shows needle-like leaves. Still, its a
very close call.

Dave, I had a good close look at the original photo and thought I could see
some "spines" seemed thicker in the middle like we were seeing all the
leaves side on so they just looked like spines.
If not, the flowers are so similar perhaps it's another member of the same
genus.
I just seem to remember seeing this plant somewhere.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden