Old 07-09-2007, 07:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
tina tina is offline

Default Throw away Britain :-( lawn rake tines rip off !!

My power devil electric lawn rake is in need of some repair after most
of its tines snapped during a run over my compacted lawn.

I have had a look online & the nearest i can get are a pack of 8 bosh
tines costing £5 plus £3 !!!! p&p

Now my power devil has 80 so this will cost about £60 for a few pieces
of springy metal.

TESCO sell the rake for £40.

Now there is nothing wrong with the rake other than its broken tines
but I cant beleive its cheaper for me to chuck it away & buy NEW :-(

No wonder all the landfill sites are full.

I cant beleive it costs £60 for a few pieces of springy metal but thus
far they are the only company i can find who sell them.

The man at B&Q just said chuck it away & buy a new one.

It seems crazy that I can buy a whole bBRAND NEW machine including the
tines much less than I can replace the tines :-(