Old 07-09-2007, 07:34 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Bonnie Bonnie is offline

Default Young Heron

I looked at my window and something didn't look quite right. Then it
dawned on me, there were two herons by the pond! The statue and a
young heron. I guess it's that time of year, the young are out on
their own now and looking for a food source. Apparently it hadn't
tried to catch anything yet, my fish were are swimming peacefully. I
clapped my hands and it took off.
I'll have to watch all the time now. DH is in the Philippines and I
can't net the pond alone. Wish me luck.......
Bonnie
NJ