Old 07-09-2007, 10:01 PM posted to rec.gardens
Shane Shane is offline

Default Tamerask Tree (sp?)

On Sep 6, 7:03 pm, McGerm wrote:
In zone 6b/7a here in SE PA it grows very well but is not invasive. I
have never seen it spread by seed, and I could not get cuttings to
root. I have bought the three that I have at a local garden center. I
was not even sure it would grow well here, but then I saw one out on
the main road outside of an old farm house. It was 20 feet tall and
very old and interestingly twisted.

I'm in the Utah Zone so whatever zone number that is and it grows very
well in the summer time. I also have tried everything to get cuttings
to root, but have been unsuccessful. It's probably too late to plant
them now and I doubt any of the local garden center around here would
even carry it.

Shane