Old 07-09-2007, 09:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
cineman cineman is offline

Default Throw away Britain :-( lawn rake tines rip off !!

take it back under warranty if its within 1 year old.
Most suppliers of this sort of kit are fine with warranty claims.
regards
Cineman

"tina" wrote in message
My power devil electric lawn rake is in need of some repair after most
of its tines snapped during a run over my compacted lawn.

I have had a look online & the nearest i can get are a pack of 8 bosh
tines costing £5 plus £3 !!!! p&p

Now my power devil has 80 so this will cost about £60 for a few pieces
of springy metal.

TESCO sell the rake for £40.

Now there is nothing wrong with the rake other than its broken tines
but I cant beleive its cheaper for me to chuck it away & buy NEW :-(

No wonder all the landfill sites are full.

I cant beleive it costs £60 for a few pieces of springy metal but thus
far they are the only company i can find who sell them.

The man at B&Q just said chuck it away & buy a new one.

It seems crazy that I can buy a whole bBRAND NEW machine including the
tines much less than I can replace the tines :-(