Old 07-09-2007, 09:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
tina tina is offline

Default Throw away Britain :-( lawn rake tines rip off !!

On Fri, 7 Sep 2007 20:03:02 +0100, "CWatters"
wrote:

The problem is these days nobody wants to pay for decent machines that are
designed to last. When faced with one half the price they buy it without
thinking about why it's cheaper.

No these little pieces of springy metal that are called tines. Cannot
be worth £60. Yes i do agree that I have bought a relatively cheap
one, BUT the company that are selling the replacement tines must be
making a bomb.

So much so that I am forced to chuck it away & buy a replacement.

I agree i bought the cheepest, because our lawn isnt worth spending a
load of money buying an expensive one although I guess that the
replacement parts for the expensive machines follow the same rip off
mark up.

My only gripe is that were forced down the chuck it away & buy new
route.

My local lawnmower repair shop have just quoted me £85 for its first
service!!!! That only includes them changing the oil & filters......I
did buy a decent mower, but there is no way I'm paying £85 for a
service. When my local shops are selling decent mowers for less money.