Old 07-09-2007, 09:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
tina tina is offline

Default Throw away Britain :-( lawn rake tines rip off !!

On Fri, 7 Sep 2007 20:30:10 +0100, "CWatters"
wrote:

http://www.mowers-online.co.uk/itm01496.htm

John Deere D38R Scarifier £664.00

Even the optional grass collector costs more than your whole machine (£51)

You could buy SEVENTEEN of your machines for one of these.

I must say that the power devil rake for £35 gets a great review. Last
year (first time I used it it did 5 lawns & got tonnes of moss &
thatch out.) so I must say its been great & i would recommend anyone
buying one.

This year to be honest I think we broke it due to abuse rather than
poor kit as my son may have strayed off the lawn onto the flagstones,
but I cant be sure.

My point is 80 little bits of springy metal (tines) cant be worth
anything £60?

To me it doesnt make sense that I can go to my local shop buy 20 lawn
rakes, take out the tines & chuck the machines away & double my money
on ebay re-selling the metal tines??