Old 08-09-2007, 10:16 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
tina tina is offline

Default Throw away Britain :-( lawn rake tines rip off !!

On Fri, 7 Sep 2007 20:30:10 +0100, "CWatters"
wrote:

In some cases the difference between a cheap throw away and a

professional bit of kit is so great that its cheaper to buy several cheap ones and
throw them out if they break.

Colin, Just so you dont think bad of me. We bought a top of the range
eco friendly, low use leccy, low detergent, low water SMEG dishwasher.

Worked great for 12 months 9 days !! & broke. The repair man wants £50
before he'll get in his van & come & look at it. The part that we
think is broke is a tiny circuit board that tells the dishwasher to
empty. The man thinks that this is £150. Its about the size of a
credit card (he thinks)

I can buy an A rated whirlpool dishwasher from costco for £209. I feel
bad about the landfill sites filling up but why would I have it
repaired when I can get a brand new one for £9 more which includes a
12 month guarantee.

I'd gladly pay double for a new machine provided it could be repaired
cheaply & economically.