Old 08-09-2007, 02:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike' 'Mike' is offline

Default at wits' end ...

"David (Normandy)" wrote in message
I don't suppose there is much we can do: his land is classified as
agricultural land, so sawing wood is part of the brief, and in any case
we would not like to fall out with them - but short of planting a forest
instead of our garden, is there anything we can do to hide the eyesore
and minimise the noise?

--
Klara, Gatwick basin

Depending on the amount of garden space you have, your proximity to the
boundary and what direction is South, I'd be tempted to go for a row of
the dreaded leylandii. It does have it's place depending on the
circumstances. I don't know how much noise they would block out but would
be better to look at than an asbestos shack. There are probably climbers
that you could run through the trees to make them more attractive and help
block more noise too.
The denser and taller the foliage the less the noise.

David.

a climber like Russian Vine ?

As you say David it depends on distance and space.

Mike

--
www.rneba.org.uk for the latest pictures of the very first reunion and
Inaugural General Meeting. Nothing less than a fantastic success.